As many of you may know I ran in the Madison Marathon today. My overall time was 4 hours and 13 minutes, which I was happy with considering I can barely walk right now. Here were some of my observations on the run:
- The first 6 miles were pretty easy, I was going slow and trying to keep cool by dumping water on my head every mile. Near the end of mile six I saw some girls run behind some trees and they jumped out of their black shorts and showed me that fat ass. I laughed for two minutes no joke.
- Mile marker 13.2, or half way: I was still in good shape and under a four hour pace. I started pulling landscaping duty around this time.
- Mile 16: I saw my parents and sister cheering me on, which was nice. Mile 16 to mile 17 was straight up hill and that was a real bitch.
- Mile 20: My legs just about died and I had to slow down and walk at times. I looked like that guy in the Boston Marathon when he lost control of his legs. I felt like an idiot getting passed by 60 year old men.
- Mile 24: I made eye contact with a guy about my age who was a vegan (good news right Mike G? He said he didn’t know you when I asked him). Oddly enough, his name was Anthony which I found cute. We then both agreed to run strong together at the end and keep each other going. At this point I wanted to be dead.
- The Finish Line: I managed to run the last 2.2 miles and when I finally made it and was able to stop I realized how much landscaping duty I actually pulled.
I really loved running though and will definitely do it again.
See you guys soon hopefully.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.